[Dailydrool] I think I have seen the buffet.......

bassetslave at comcast.net bassetslave at comcast.net
Wed Nov 6 11:09:43 PST 2013

I went to a funeral on Monday. For a nice man who lived next to my parents for over 50 years. He was 90, in full possession of his faculties and had a sudden illness while on vacation with his wife of about 68 years. While I am sorry that he left, it is kind of what we would all hope for.

After the services, we were invited to lunch. At a fancy local catering place. His grandaughter works there.....seemed a reasonable idea. We went in and found a beautiful buffet with large shrimp, hot hors douvres, fancy cheeses, olives and lots of fruit. Whine on the tables. As I was reminiscing with some old friends, someone came and warned us there was lunch. LUNCH? Out came another buffet, with salmon in sauce, chicken, sliced beef, pasta, veggies and caesar salad. They weren't done. No sooner than that was set out......desert. Multiple cakes (I think they were the kind that get baked for tasting different wedding cakes, brownies, chocolate dipped strawberries, pastries with mousse made to look like flowers, eclairs, cookies and my particular favorite....tiny macaroons filled with jam.

First thought - Wow, the guest of honor would be very sorry he missed this.

Second thought - This was very nice of his family.......probably because his grandaughter works there. Never been to a funeral with such nice food.

Third thought - Guilt..... sorrowful occasion not sure if gluttony was right.....mighta had a couple too many olives and macaroons....maybe next time a casserole......

Fourth thought - THEY DID AS WELL AS FEYFEY and the KITCHEN BEAGLES!! DID SHE HAVE A PAW IN THIS???

I think so.  Buffet is a wonderful way to celebrate someone's passing......... the beagies better keep cooking.

dawnslave