[Dailydrool] shelter challenge

Marilyn Burns mj_burns at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 7 07:22:57 PST 2013

OK Gang!  We're going nowhere here!!!  There isn't a snowball's chance that
the bassets will win any "US Federal Green" this time around in the
challenge either.

First of all, word has gotten around about the contest - so we are NOT the
powerhouse we once were.  We just don't have the numbers!  We are probably
no longer EVER going to be in the running for the national prize OR the
weekly prize either.  So we MUST devote our efforts to the state level.  But
we have to do it intelligently...

I took the time to do a chart on the current standings this morning - taking
the top 75 rescues into account.  These represent rescues with approximately
.25% of the overall votes - or greater.  Presently, Golden Gate is ranked
42nd in the overall national standings - and is actually sitting 4th in the
state, based on national ranking.   <Not Good!!!>

Yet - as of 11/07/13 - there are presently 18 states with NO Rescues in top
75!  They are:  Arkansas, Arizona, Washington DC, Delaware, Iowa, Idaho,
Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon,
Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont and Wyoming.

PLUS - Alabama, Arizona, Hawaii, Minnesota, Nevada and Utah all have rescues
which presently are leading their state - but are BELOW Golden Gate's
national ranking.

Remember if a rescue is in the Top 10 in votes overall - they will probably
win the "Weekly Prize" - and be no longer in the running for the state
prize.  But there is nothing to guarantee that a weekly winner won't shift
it's allegience to another rescue in the state.  (Remember what happened in
Ohio).

Logic dictates that if we can muster a ranking of 42nd in the national
vote - then we should be able to make a lot of impact shifting to a state
with no one that is even close to our numbers!  If the state is weak
enough - we should be able to win easily!

I have no problems with Golden Gate Basset Rescue - in fact, I have a very
close basset-buddy that is quite active with that rescue program - and I
have sent monetary support directly to them.  I only add this because I
don't want any "hate mail" - like I received when I made a suggestion during
the Ohio voting.

I don't care WHERE they are located -- I just want the bassets to be
winners!!  BUT - we don't have a lot of time to fool around with this.
Every day it is discussed - we lose votes!

If someone wants to review the data - email me directly - and I will be
happy to send you the chart.

Marilyn - loving Mom of Amanda Lynn and Bridgemates Samantha Sue and Bob
Burns