[Dailydrool] Miss Angela is fine.

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Thu Nov 7 08:35:02 PST 2013

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer emeritus to Miiss Anglea Basset,
Dowager Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

We are fine.  It is heartwarming to know that we are being thought of.
It has been a VERY relaxed summer and fall here at Casa di Diva.  We
are both getting older and slowing down, but in good health and fine
spirits.  Miss Angela sleeps about 90% of the time and whines for food
most of the other 10.  I am still teaching a class or two a semester, just
to keep active and to make a little beer money.

We have done a bit of traveling.  I went to Israel for a couple of weeks in
May to a family wedding in Tel Aviv.  Angela stayed with a good friend
Jacquie who had just lost her basset girl Freckles.  Needless to say she
got more hugs than she knew what to do with and more food than she
needed.   Then in September I spent a week camping at the big Walnut
Valley Festival in Winfield KS with a bunch of old friends with whom I have
played music over the years. Angela went to stay with her Uncle Chris,
Lucille the alpha Doberman and Ella the bipolar Dalmation.  Needless
to say, she got lots of exercise and some humility lessons.  In October,
I went to Northern New Mexico to see the aspens in full color and eat
lots of green chile.  Angela went back to Jacquie's where she helped
to train Teddy the rescued pug puppy.  She taught Teddy that every day is
not Hump Day.

Now that the leaves are falling and the air is crisp, we spend lots of time
on Miss Angela's couch in front of the fire and flatscreen. We are both
getting gray and fat, a situation that greatly displeases her vet and my
doctor.  We are definitely going to start a walk regimen.....tomorrow.

We have been sending copious and high viscosity drool to those who
are beset with disease or bereaved.  Special hellos go out to Morse
and Elsinore and a birthday wish to King George.

Bill (Still upset that the Yankees had a bad year)
Angela (Still upset that breakfast was skimpy, as per vet instructions)