[Dailydrool] this 'n that

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 8 04:21:12 PST 2013

UTI’s- get some D-Mannose capsules ( look online or a natural homeopathic type pharmacy) - give 1 cap twice a day for a week. Then give a cranberry or blueberry capsule once or twice a day- every day. Making sure your hound is getting enough probiotics is important also. Give yogurt or supplements.

Some are just more prone to getting a UTI than others. Low squatting girls or those with lots of puckers and folds in their genital area will pick up more ‘bugs’. If you have a hound who “holds” it too long- by choice or not- that can increase the odds also. If you use wipes to clean them- always wipe from front to back ( belly towards the tail)- otherwise you might just add to the issue.

Blue Power ear cleaner- the stuff is miraculous. Once the ears are good- you can do it just once or twice a week. If you have stains- you can get them off most things with bleach. Chlorox II spray ( or the store’s generic version) works well. Spray- let sit a moment if you can and wash it off. Keep in mind that bleach can cause spots that will not ever go away- so be sure of what you are using it on.

SOD Boswellia is a natural med that works much like Rimadyl. Look for it on www.calvetsupply.com for information- but you can buy it lots of other places online once you know what you are looking for. Can be used with other meds without interaction and for as long as you need to.

Fighting hounds- I am thinking those with young ones who run on a never ending charge and that in turn is causing fights with older-I-have-had-enough hounds, might need the crate instead. Seems unfair to lock up the one who is simply trying to say “stop, I’m done”. Maybe young dawg needs some other release for all their energy. Easy for me to say- my younger ones match in age and therefore rarely bother the old one.

droolies to all, Angelika

Sent from Windows Mail