[Dailydrool] Crock Pot

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at comcast.net
Wed Nov 13 16:39:40 PST 2013

I have cooked for mine since I got Chester, who has severe allergies. I cook chicken breast ($1.99 a lb. in bulk) in the crockpot in chicken broth on high all

day. When I get home, I take a slotted spoon and take out the chicken and put in Minute Rice. It takes about 15 minutes in the crockpot on high instead of

5 on the stove, but still OK. I shred the chicken. (Sometimes I do ground turkey, but that has been more expensive, which is not logical.) When the rice is done, I mix the shredded chicken, rice and a can of French cut green beans. My guys also get a doggie vitamin and probiotics every day. I am sure you could add all kinds

of different things, but I don't eat beef and pork, so my dog's don't, either. I also try to stay with a pretty standard diet mainly for Chester's allergies. I know this works, so why rock the boat? My guys snarf it always, too.

Marilyn Briggs