[Dailydrool] einstein surgery

Nancy Cohen nursenancy4 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 17:46:54 PST 2013

einstein's eyes became red and he was squinting......his pressure in his
only "good" eye went from 14 last week to 47.  the vet said he was having
pain, and said we could either opt to remove the eye to alleviate the pain,
or he could remove the cataract that is causing the blindness, and use the
laser again to treat the glaucoma  and hope we don't lose the eye as he
heals and the pressure might increase along with inflammation.  we had the
cataract removed, more laser was done on the areas that he couldn't reach
last time , the drain that was put in last time was still working,  and
after surgery pressure was 7.  tests were done to make sure the retina and
the brain were communicating so that there was a chance for this to work.
 right now, he seems good.  i am tired, meds every 2 hours around the clock
and seeing the doctor again tomorrow for 3rd day post op pressure check.
 einstein is trying to keep his eye open, and seems to want to rub it so i
guess it is healing ok.......he is wearing a cone..keep him in your
thoughts, thanks, nancy, einstein and dixie