[Dailydrool] Pill Pocket Dough

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 04:49:49 PST 2013

I know someone posted the recipe for the Pill Pocket Dough.  I made it
because we go through way to many of the things in my opinion, and they are
not cheap.  After making the dough, I have decided I may never buy the
"real" ones again.  First of all, read the ingredients on the pill pocket
bag!  They are not exactly "all natural".

Because dogs really aren't designed to digest milk, and we have milk
allergies in the house and already buy "fake" milk, I used rice milk.  Then
I used gluten free flour mix.  I used a half cup of rice milk, 1 cup GF
rice flour blend and a half cup of peanut butter.  If the peanut butter is
a problem in your house, I don't see why you couldn't use a nut butter or a
seed butter (sunflower or soy).

The bassets think they have died and gone to heaven!  They love this stuff.
 I do keep in the fridge.  Now Bugsey is getting a little ball of this
instead of Blue Buffalo Chicken treats when the other two get meds.  He
only gets meds every other day and the pill is so big and slick, pill
pocket dough doesn't help.  I am just grateful he is not my gagger.  This
is a lot lower calorie and fat than cream cheese or hot dogs!

Jennifer