[Dailydrool] question on rawhides

Rob Lyons hound at rjlp.com
Sun Nov 17 07:41:08 PST 2013

Hello all,

Fendi just loves the "pressed" type of rawhide, and I had thought they
were safer than regular rawhides and they last a long time. But then I
checked and found out they are made in China. The recent talk about
Chinese products gave me a scare. I went online and tried to find a
source of a USA made pressed rawhide but apparently they are all made in
China. I hate to stop getting them for her, as she adores them. And I
don't want to go back to the regular rawhides, as they scare me when
they get soft and Fendi ends up swallowing a big piece or even the whole
thing at once. The pressed rawides just wear down slowly. What to do?

Rob, food slave to Fendi