[Dailydrool] Score, this & that

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 19:27:23 PST 2013

four year old grandson - 0
Jersey - 1 ham sandwich

mole - 0
Ginger - 1

Ginger was very proud of her catch and gifted me the mole in the house
before I knew what she had.

We had about ten years taken off our lives this evening. I made the
Houndettes dinner bowls and three of the girls were there but no Ginger.
That all by itself is alarming because she is ALL about food. Looked
upstairs, downstairs, back yard, asked the DH if he knew where she was and
he said to check the garage because she might have gotten shut in there.
Went to the garage and the door was OPEN. Panic! Utter, total panic! We
were up and down the street, told neighbors, went into the back
woods....total panic! Came into the house to grab our phones so we could
call each other while the DH went looking in the car and he opened his door
to his room and there she was. Totally sacked on his couch! Oh my dear doG!
I didn't know whether to kiss her or kill her! Needless to say, kissing won
along with crying and hugging. I can't remember when I've been that scared!

Our Jersey has been getting us up multiple times in the night lately. The
thing is, she doesn't act like she really needs to go out! Most of the time
we get to the family room and she just goes belly up for a good rub and
she's happy with that. Then the same routine again in a couple of hours.
So, we moved her bed into our room and we're hoping that she just needs to
be close to us. We've gotten to sleep all night long for the past five
nights so I'm hoping that we've fixed the problem. Getting up multiple
times in the night has been kind of like having a baby in the house again!

Please everyone, lets all vote for the same rescue. I know there was a
little confusion at the beginning this time but Golden Gate ended up being
the chosen rescue so lets help them out. Our DD group has been very
successful when we've pooled our resources in the past so lets do it again
so these homeless hounds will benefit.

Get well and heart healing drool is being sent to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy and Ginger