[Dailydrool] Quiet Thanksviging

Tim Mayer tcm541 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 07:20:34 PST 2013

Well, last year Dexter scored some after-dinner turkey right off the table.
This year he wasn't so lucky. We made sure the food was well back from the
edges. But it was funny to see him stretching as far as he could only to get
a brief chance to lick the butter! He was lightheartedly scolded, and the
butter removed from the temptation zone, and I went back to the football
game, promptly falling asleep.

Both hounds were circling the kitchen with high expectations yesterday
morning when I pulled the leftover half a turkey out of the refrigerator and
started trimming all the meat off of it. They seriously thought they were
going to get some.NOT! Silly dogs. Eventually they settled down and ate
their own breakfast and left me to clean up and put everything away, many
"meals ready to eat" in the freezer.

Now it's all back to normal (or what most closely resembles normal in a home
run by hounds). The dogs are curled up in their beds watching me type
wondering why they didn't get fed first. Geez, guys.

And I have to say that what I'm most thankful for this year is having two
healthy, happy hounds, and not losing any. The last two holiday seasons were
especially hard on me (I lost three dogs in 13 months) and I'm really
looking forward to a happy holiday, and hopefully the same for all our
friends and family on the Drool list.

Tim, Dexter and Leia Round