[Dailydrool] Stubborn Basset (lol)

Daria dariaemma at verizon.net
Sun Oct 6 14:09:03 PDT 2013

So, here we are again.  I am having trouble getting Tony into the car. He refuses to get in. I have tried steps into the car and he did I use those but now refuses to go any higher than 1st step.
I have tried treats and cheese and chicken to get him in car. So, went to Petsmart and bought a ramp. Tony's favorite vet tech, meaning not afraid of him, said that his arthritis may be bothering him when he gets on the steps. Went thru the whole menu of treat etc to get him up the ramp. Next step is to wait until he's hungry and put his food in the car. Then I'll try to get him up ramp. The problem is probably me. I am still a little leery of Tony after the 2 biting incidents with Tony and the DH. Tony snarls and growls when he doesn't want to do something. I really do not want to sedate him before we leave for vet but looks like its the next step. I do have the vet tech coming to the house to help me get Tony in the car. She'll bring a muzzle and help me.  Any thoughts?

Sending drool to all that need it. Buckets are produced every day. Praying hard for Debbie and Beryl.

Daria and Tony "I am NOT getting in that car! Bad things happen at the end of the ride.

Sent from my iPad