[Dailydrool] dog parks

Nancy Cohen nursenancy4 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 07:24:23 PDT 2013

since einstein went blind we are reluctant to take him to a dog park.  i
always speak to him as i approach and he wears a harness saying blind dog
so that others might ask before reaching for him.   twice he snapped
because he thought dixie might be near him, but one time it was me, and one
time it was me shaking a blanket that brushed his face.  i wouldn't want a
dog to approach him and startle him, and they can't read his harness !
 does this mean he is doomed to not visit any dog parks?  he is good when
meeting people who have leashed dogs on our walk, but i wouldn't keep him
leashed in a dog park, no point in that.  any suggestions?...nancy