[Dailydrool] Blind dogs at dogparks

k. green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 16:29:45 PDT 2013

I don't have a blind dog but I do take my dogs to dogparks. Perhaps you can
find, or start your own, blind dog meet-up, as I doubt your the only one
with a blind dog who likes to play in your area.

Check meetup.com for a blind dog meet up group in your area, and if there
isn't one, consider starting one up. Meetup.com is a great way to find and
create social groups for people with varying interests. It's pretty
affordable to start one (I think around $30/year) and with my basset meetup
group in San Diego, we all pitched in a couple bucks at the first meet-up
of the year, which then covered the overhead (website) costs for the whole
year. Generally ours were held at the local dog park, but since you are
trying to avoid random dogs, perhaps you could find a different fenced
location or park or school where the dogs could mingle and play in a safe
environment one day a month.

Just a thought....drool to all,
Kacy w/Cow and Ru