[Dailydrool] Bassets/Pomegranates/beige carpets (again)

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 18 09:00:05 PDT 2013

Hi it's the ever clueless momPerson here,

Gracie is in big trouble.  Again.

You may remember last year when she got a bag of pomegranates while my husband was in the shower and shared with Snoopy and LuLu.  Well, she's at it again.  Last night my husband ate HALF a pomegranate and failed to feed any to Gracie, Snoopy or LuLu and left the rest ON THE COUNTER and went to bed.  Yes, I am serious.

Gracie got me up this morning for breakfast at 4:30, early and she knew it but she was VERY excited.  I told her to wait.  She was jumping, she was dancing, she was beside herself with sheer joy.  She was PROUD of herself because she had to go potty and she got up and went potty ALL BY HERSELF.  So I praised her.  What I didn't know was that her daddy had left a treat for her on the counter which she found when she came inside, and took into the LIVING ROOM and ATE in 3 different places on my beige wall to wall carpet.   Said carpet has been through a LOT with Gracie.  I have no idea how many times I had to shampoo said carpet before Gracie finally started going OUTSIDE reliably ON HER OWN ....... but it was too many.

So, I made her wait until after 5 and then I wandered down the hall and made bowls and fed everyone and did turn out and wandered back down the hall to bed followed by LuLu.  I didn't turn the living room light on.  I still didn't know.  But Snoopy's snooter knew.  And Snoopy is a big brother.  And thus, a tattle tale.

Ahrooooooooooo ..... come back here momPerson.  Ahrooooooooooo stay right where you are you naughty little sister you.  Ahrooooooooo you didn't save any for Snoopy.  Ahrooooooo ahrooooooo ahroooooooooo.

So there I was cleaning the carpet at 5:15 AM.  Again.  BIG red spots.  AGAIN.  I *think* I got it out of the carpet.  Again.

More later from the clueless momPerson with Snoopy who is furious that Gracie curated a missing object, LuLu who slept through the whole thing, and Gracie the dickens.