[Dailydrool] A serious ear question & shout out to Max the Magnificent

lea pierce leapierce at leapierce.com
Sat Oct 19 13:45:54 PDT 2013

Hey everyone--

Thank you so much (esp. Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets) for the
information on Blue Power Earwash.

Question: Is it ok to start the Adm. on Blue Power in addition to Otomax?

I am waiting for the lab results on Adm's ear to come back on Monday; I
don't know if there will be some specific antibiotics (other than what he's
getting now), Otomax, or another ear ointment. My impression from all I
have read about Blue Power is that I may add it to any other regime without
fear.

However--Intelligence Basset is best found on the Drool. So I am asking.

I am quite lucky. JED will tolerate just about anything from me (2x aday
ear wash won't be a struggle), although he gets annoyed quickly with just
about anybody else. (I hope to always maintain his good will!)

His ear has been 100% better since the GUNK (official medical term) was dug
out last week. I feel awful that I did not press Ship's Surgeon to check
his inner ear a lot sooner. (live and learn)

JED's ear has been screwed up since that blessed day when he arrived,
leading me to believe that his inner ear was contaminated while he was
wandering the streets of Bakersfield.

JED is (most probably) a lot younger than we originally thought. God love
the shelters, front line rescuers that they are, but they put his age at 5
years. He wasn't even full grown when GGBR scooped him up. He looked like a
bobble-head, his skull and muzzle were so much bigger than his little
starving body. Big old head on skin and bones. His chest was nowhere near
filled out -- that happened, oh, around Jan-Feb of this year.

So he's a young boy but wise beyond his years in the fantastical,
whimsical, wonderful Gilbert & Sullivan world we've created!

Love the Drool; thank you all for everything you do, each and every one of
you. I know we all meet daily challenges, but like so many, my challenges
are made much easier by knowing I have the Tales and Tails of The Drool to
look forward to each day. Blessings upon those who keep this list going.
Truly, it is a labor of love.

Adm. and I send Naval Drool by the tanker full to Max. Adm. wishes Max and
his Houndservant to know that we are pulling for you both. Some days, about
all we can do is pet those silky ears and hug them tight.

LEA
Houndservant yadayada
And Greatful Daily Drool Subscriber