[Dailydrool] Ahoy! Dashing Bassets, Commander Bo, PBF & Droolers Sailing and Landlocked Alike!

lea pierce leapierce at leapierce.com
Sat Oct 19 13:30:08 PDT 2013

O! Happiest of days!

Adm.JED LOVES Bistory (Basset History), military and otherwise, and with
his keen interest in all things Drool, Adm. was most delighted to learn of
the courageous service of Sir Belvedere, Admiral of Good Ship Lollipul!

Adm. JED unsurprised to hear of Evil Basset Empire and thanks Food Slave
Pam for serving Sr. Belvedere in his lifetime mission to guard against
enemies Fureign and Domestic.

CLASSIFIED (For Droolers Only)

It is little-known but true: Adm. JED would not serve the Feet had it not
been for The Daily Drool.

Before enlisting and receiving commission from Pacific Basset Feet (under
the legendary leadership of Commander Bo, an Admiral and Commander-in-Feet,
PBF), the Adm. was In A Pickle.

This from Adm's unpublished bemoirs (Basset Memoirs):

"Whilst on a super secret undercover mission to Bakersfield, CA, as a young
HoundCadet, I was clipped on the noggin by a full rack of BBQ pork ribs,
which fell from a careening catering truck on I-5. as I marched along the
side of the road."

O! Calamity!

The handsome and courageous ManHound Droolers know as Adm. JED immediately
lost all memory of Who He Was and the World Basset Union he was sworn to
uphold!

Because of his injury (and his youth), he wandered about the hi-ways and
by-ways of Bakersfield, flea-ridden, filthy, starving, with a terrible
infection of tooth and sinus. No-one knows how long he wandered. No-one
took charge of the young hound until reports reached the help line of
Golden Gate Basset Rescue and...

Special Ops Arrived! The BEALS! (Basset SEALS)

By the grace of Golden Gate Basset Rescue, young Jed was pulled out (by
astoundingly brave BEALS Nancy and Judy, who tirelessly criss-cross massive
distances for Hounds In Trouble.

Adm was placed in the loving arms of Fergusen Foster Family.

After emergency care by the Ship's Surgeon, orders were cut for Jed by GGBR
Commander in Chief (that would be Gloria Tannehill-Carlson, fearless
president and leader). Jed was assigned--still with No Memory!--to Santa
Rosa.

Having been entrusted with the refugee, clueless basset collector (that
would be me) sought out information on Hounds Majestic.

The future Houndservant was directed to The Daily Drool, Commenced reading
every post for intelligence Basset.

Almost immediately, the legendary Commander Bo posted news of the Feet.
Clueless basset collector was reading Drool aloud to Jed. The effect on Jed
was ELECTRIC.

O! The joy on his mournful face! O! The new-found hope!

His massive head snapped up, quick as a mongoose. Staring up rom his
wrinkled big paws. He looked me straight in the face and bwuffed: "I Wanna
Be An Admiral!!"

Oh, ok. It was kind of whiney, but he was entitled after his Terrible
Ordeal.

Well, of course, if Jed enlisted, he needed a Dog Robber and Houndservant
at his side.Someone to run the mess, chauffer him on patrols various, clean
his ears, keep the Admiralty shipshape and Bristol fashion, PAY THE BILLS.

Houndservant then (as now) clueless; did not realize the Pacific Basset
Feet offered COMMISSIONS. So, rather arrogantly (but naively), Houndservant
followed Jed's orders and proclaimed the newly-minted Adm. JED "Snatch"
Basset (middle name well earned, believe me) commander of the Sonoma
Admiralty.

Upon posting his new command to The Drool, Adm. JED was pleased as punch to
be immediately and graciously invited to accept a commission the legendary
and prestigious Pacific Basset Feet. By Commander Bo himself!

Adm. JED has taken a solemn oath to follow the Commander into any battle,
conflict, or Pawty, and serve PBF on detached duty from the bow of the HMS
Certifiable.

"We serve at the pleasure of the Feet," Adm. says.

(Recruiting Commercial for Civilian Houndservants and Hounds Magestic:
There is nothing finer than serving the World Basset Union, defending
against enemies fureign and domestic. Adm. urges you to Google Pacific
Basset Feet and consider enlisting before the next high tide. It's a fine,
fine thing to serve!)

Adm. humbled to be one of 11 Admirals serving the Feet.

(PBF is wisely commanded, indeed, as any and all may enlist in whatever
capacity they see fit, at the rank of their choosing, in the specialty of
their ability. Adm. particularly admires NCIS division, as in No Cats
InSide. Adm. serves in Basset Intelligence Group himself. O! Would that the
world be run so elegantly as to allow "opt in" on every level!)

Upon enlistment in PBF Adm. JED has begun recoving his memories of Life
Before the Flying Rib Attack.

Alghouth still struggling against amnesia from the flyng rack of ribs, Adm.
now working on his slowly-recovering memoirs, which is to say, he dictates
to Houndservant now and again. Recently began telling Houndservant of his
mis-adventure in 1937, when serving undercover in Berlin. An older,
sophisticated Lady Hound, Marlene Dogtriech, very nearly capsized the
Adm.'s mission (he was under deep cover as a super secret ninja (turtle)
assasin, never mind why)

Houndservant begs for more details; Adm. says "all in good time, all in
good time!".

Houndservant gives daily thanks for the friendship and wisdom of Daily
Droolers.

Adm. says, "Better mates never lived!"

Semper Fido Indeed! Huzzah! Hip Hip Ahroo-Ray!

Leftenant Lea Pierce
Houndservant and Dog Robber to Adm. JED "Snatch" Basset
Sonoma Admiralty/Pacific Basset Feet/Basset Intelligence Group
By Order of: Golden Gate Basset Rescue