[Dailydrool] Today's calendar girl

Leah McConnell leahkmcconnell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 13:47:30 PDT 2013

Pebbles is my big, beautiful red and white girl who came into my life and
home on March 16, 2011 a little over 11 months after my sweet Maggie went to
the bridge. In her former life she was Champion Tuckleberry Pebbles Will
Rock. Now she is just Pebbles, Pebs, Pebbly Pooh or Sweetie Boo. She is very
particular as to what names she will respond to. I had contacted Patty
Crawford of BROPS as she was just coming into rescue. She was being
transported on the day I was on the phone with Patty. She came into rescue
with a dirty blanket that was in her kennel run and needed to be both house
trained and house broken. When she came home with me six weeks later she was
quiet and timid and frightened of new situations. Now she goes bravely into
the world with confidence and she is getting more vocal as time goes on. She
isn't much of an arhooer - she usually has to be upset but now she'll do it
outside if she gets excited. She hardily embraced her new life as a pet. As
I type this she is asleep on the couch with her head leaning against one
pillow and another under her shoulders. After all those years of living in a
kennel run she embraces comfortable pillows and beds and laps. She is
extremely loving and likes to think she is a lap dog. She is quite the clown
and every request for something are accompanied by jumps and twists and
turns. She is very particular as to who she shows off for and she is
persistent. She wants what she wants and she keeps after you until she gets
it. At the moment she is demanding her afternoon walk . She has already had
this walk but at an earlier time. She has her schedule and she goes to great
lengths to stick to it.

Today would have been Maggie's 7th Gotcha Day. This is the first time that
it had slipped my mind. She died on April 21st and after that every 21st day
of the month was a sad reminder of what I had lost. After Pebbles arrive my
heart began to heal and the 21st was just another day.

Drool to all those in need.

Leah slave to Pebbles the Tuckleberry Hound and Maggie ATB