[Dailydrool] Snoopy checking in

Esther Strom esthermstrom at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 14:52:07 PDT 2013

>P.S.  We figure Gracie is 4ish by now ..... will it ever be safe to leave
the bathroom doors open?  Or will she be eating and spreading bathroom
trash throughout the house for the rest of her life if we do?

Gracie sounds very much like Daisy, my parents' first basset. She was less
than a year old when they adopted her, and she was like the energizer
bunny. She would run upstairs (this was 15 years ago before we knew stairs
were bad for basset backs), grab the end of the toilet paper from the
bathroom, and pull. She'd wind her way through the upstairs, and then head
downstairs. The house looked like a bunch of teenagers TP'd it. There is
hope for Gracie, although it's a ways off - Daisy finally slowed down when
she was around 9.

Good luck.

Esther, with Waldo and Basil ATB