[Dailydrool] Miss Cleo has some arthritis...question on Tramadol

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 11:09:22 PDT 2013

Miss Cleo is limping so I took her in for x-rays yesterday & they showed
some degeneration of her left elbow joint (not completely bad, but starting
at the top of the joint). I think she tweaked her leg getting off the couch
because, in general, her bit of arthritis only seems to bother her mostly
on rainy days. The vet put her on Tramadol for the pain and for the last
couple of months, she's been on a product called Rejuvenate, which has
glucosamine, condroitin, MSM, Omega 3's & 6s, and other essential vitamins
& minerals. Since she's already on Cushing's meds every day, I really hate
to start her on a regimen of pain pills unless they're really needed.

I know I've seem Tramadol listed on here so wanted to get any feedback on
anyone who has used it, side effects, results, etc. Please send a little
healing drool her way as she didn't want to take her pills this morning
with cheese. She didn't want her cooked chicken & kibble this morning, and
when I tried giving her a little piece of cheese, she'd take it and kind of
shake her head. We stopped at McDonald's last night & I treated her to a
couple of hamburgers. I thought they had cooled enough but maybe there was
a bit of it that she burned her mouth or tongue on. I don't know. She
fought me when I tried to look in her mouth & I literally had to push her
pills down her throat as she fought me. Of course, I was sobbing like a
baby while I was doing it.

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."