[Dailydrool] Food theft and stealing of bathroom stuffs

k. green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 11:47:08 PDT 2013

Sorry Snoopy. I can't guarantee that Gracie will slow down. Cowboy turned 7
in August and seems to be becoming more and more brazen with his thievery.
He is particular to used kleenex in the bathroom trash cans, and he has not
problem taking them right in front of us. Even staring at us as we tell him
NO and then continuing to grab said trash until we pull him out of the
bathroom, empty the garbage can, or close the bathroom door. He really is
the dickens, as you would say.

Re: Food theft

The dadslave works nights as a bartender so occasionally I make a dinner
plate for him and leave it in the oven. Last week I left it on the counter.
Luckily the boys couldn't reach it, but when I came home from a quick run,
I found the kitchen trash can pushed clear to the other side of the room.
Appears they may have been attempting to tip it over but instead just
pushed it around. Either that, or they were going to use it as a step stool
to obtain the dinner plate on the counter. But I don't even want to
consider that as a possibility or I am in real trouble.

The older they get, the more gutsy they get about stealing and the broader
their palate becomes. I've always had to worry about meat. That's easy. If
I leave a steak or a chicken on the counter, I can expect at least a 50%
chance of losing said meat product to the hounds. However, I've never had
to worry about breads and sweets, etc until the past few months. Last week
two cornbread muffins had large bite marks from them when I went to move
them from a cooling rack on the counter, to a storage container. And then,
on Sunday night and entire caramel-filled candy bar disappeared, wrapper
and all. I found only the 7-11 bag and an empty butteringer wrapper (which
the DH had already consumed) on the floor. Of course, my Caramelo bar was
MIA. Whoulda thought?!

Guess we need to start being better about guarding all food. These boys
sure aren't afraid of our scolding and empty threats.

Drool to all,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert