[Dailydrool] Tramadol

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Tue Oct 22 13:54:36 PDT 2013

Our Belvedere, who had very bad arthritis, was on tramadol for many
years. It really helped him for a long time. But I suspect that what's
going on with your Miss Cleo is an upset stomach. I would talk to the
vet and see if he/she will prescribe something to soothe that tender
tummy.

The only drawback with tramadol is that it takes terribly nasty. This
may be why you are having trouble getting it down that basset throat.
Recently a vet told me that to avoid this problem, she prescribes empty
capsules for the dog. If the devoted slave puts the pills in the
capsules, the dog can no longer taste it and the problem is solved. I
have never tried this, but it sounds like a good idea to me, as long as
you pop the capsule down the throat quickly.
Pam McQuade, food slave to the Dashing Bassets