[Dailydrool] Well, rats. Adm. has Pseudomonas. Question about Cipro

lea pierce leapierce at leapierce.com
Wed Oct 23 15:33:20 PDT 2013

Ahoy experienced Droolers!

Adm's labs came back and, yup, he has that scourge of Hounds Majestic,
*Pseudomonas.
*Plus E coli, which no one is much concerned about. In the inner ear. In
the skin of the ear.

Uck.

I am not surprised, but I am shocked. I think others on this list have had
a similar experience. You're pretty sure what's coming, but when it happens
-- a bit of shock.

Then--"keep calm and carry on," Adm. says.

Ok, here's my question. I've started Blue Power Earwash and the Ship's
Surgeon wants him on Cipro.

I am generally not in favor of antiobiotics for hound or human, as they
tend to create Other Problems (of which I am personally aware, and a
survivor, of).In my personal experience, Cipro and other big-gun
antiobiotics, cause yeast overgrowth, including thrush, and other icky
stuff (again, I speak from my personal experience).

Not saying I won't use Cipro, I will do whatever is necessary for the
health of the Adm., but I want to check in with Droolers Experienced.

Does anyone have experience in Blue Power Earwash vanquuishing
*Pseudomonas* without
need of a Cipro chaser?

Or is the Cipro needed to get rid of the *Pseudomonas* in the ear tissue?

Or is Cipro overkill?

Enquiring Houndservants want to know.

Pip Pip!, Tallyho! Hip Hip Ahroooooooooooooo!

Leftenant Lea Pierce
Houndservant to Adm. JED "Snatch" Basset
Sonoma Admiralty/Pacific Basset Feet
By Order of Golden Gate Basset Rescue