[Dailydrool] Well, rats. Adm. has Pseudomonas. Question about Cipro

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Thu Oct 24 04:44:02 PDT 2013

Hi all,
Drool is being sent out to all in need this morning, and was so very sad to
read about Linus.  I have known JoAnn for about 12 years now and will be
keeping her in my prayers.  She and Scott are fine folks and have hearts of
gold.

We have had several hounds with pseudomonas in their ears.  Starting out
with one a few years ago,  we did as the vet suggested,  cipro, cleanings,
etc.  For a year that hound was on cipro!   I was an idiot, as I did not
realize it had been that long, when I finally put my foot down with the vet
and said no more.  We had done ear cultures to determine the best
antibiotic,  was religious with her cleanings and still had signs of the
infection.   When I did put my foot down, I said I was going to use the BPE
and within 4-5 months, she was clear of the infection.  There is no denying
the BPE made that happen and for a whole lot less money.
I knew her inflammation was gone and that her ear drum was in place, so
using it was not going to hurt her.
Now I am working on Annabelle, with her pseudomonas.  She still has a little
sign of it, but is much better.

Sometimes vets do not want to use something that is not in a book.  But we
know from practical experience, it can work!

wen and the Bounders
www.seniorhoundsabound.org