[Dailydrool] thankd you droolers

Sue And David Autry sautry at cfl.rr.com
Thu Oct 24 07:38:22 PDT 2013

Dear Drool family,

What a special issue the drool was this morning..!

Tears of joy and sadness, but a togetherness, as we share with one another
along this long, hard journey

called life.  You are right, it is NOT easy but knowing others are also
experiencing the same struggles, draws us closer and gives us strength to go
on.

Thank you Lea for the touching story about Linus and Sadie ATB.  I agree,
our hounds know and understand so much about life.

As for me, with any isolated bacteria on culture, I give the antibiotic
suggested to get rid of infection.  Then follow through with the blue ear
solution periodically.  If not problems or drainage or fungus, I use a
milder ear wash weekly, saving the blue for problem ears not for infections.

Thank you also for the tribute to Mier!!  Every hound has a story and they
mean the world to us!!

To Richie about the collapsed trachea, I have a full black lab who has this
problem of an elongated soft palate that tends to go into spasm.  She gets
so excited sometimes that she cannot bark, only very hoarse.  The only time
we were very worried was when she was sick with Kennel cough.  It caused her
to not only have trouble on expiration but also inspiration.  She could not
breathe.  We took her to emergency vet in the middle of night thinking we
might loose her.  He gave her strong cough suppressant along with a strong
antibiotic (in addition to the ampcillin the local vet had given).  It still
took a week to get over.  Local vet had given her a shot of prednisone also.

The triplets are well at the moment.  Thank you, Lord!  Sue to Tilly, Phoebe
and Harvey ( Who is still marking inside!!)