[Dailydrool] Saturday Morning

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 26 15:31:56 PDT 2013

Good morning droolers, it's Dale,

Is anyone else hip deep in basset hair?  I mean, I usually clean the floors 2 to 3 times a week but lately make that 2 to 3 times a DAY ..... it's ridiculous.  And both Gracie and Snoopy have that double coat ..... I take them outside and rub them all over and it's just UNREAL how much hair comes off.  And off it comes.  I gave them both baths yesterday and got just handfuls of hair then too.   And then today I cleaned the air filter on the furnace (well, it serves the air conditioner too) which I do ever several months and it was clogged solid with you guessed it ..... basset hair.  It's EVERYWHERE.  Even on the clean clothes I am folding because it is airborne.  Oh good grief!

So then I took a break from cleaning and laundry and I started checking the batteries in smoke detectors.  Juliannes room first.... perfectly good battery sitting NEXT TO (I am NOT kidding) the smoke detector on the dresser in her room.  "Oh, yeah mom, it went beep beep beep so I took the battery out and daddy asked me why the battery was out so I told him and he gave me a new one."  G-d give me strength!  So I inserted the battery INTO the smoke detector and put it BACK ON THE CEILING!!  And I went through the house checking others .... when I got to the living room I noticed Snoopy and LuLu sleeping on the couch and Gracie on the floor.  Well, I pressed the button, the smoke detector made a loud BEEP ..... LuLu jumped straight up and onto the ottoman ...... and Gracie yawned and jumped straight from the floor up onto the couch into LuLu's still warm spot and laid down and went back to sleep.  She's crafty like that.  So now she and Snoopy are
 asleep on the couch and LuLu went back to sleep on the ottoman.

More later from the ever clueless momPerson with Snoopy, LuLu and Gracie too who are all thinking good thoughts and slinging thick, stringy, slimy drool to all in need