[Dailydrool] Honest Kitchen

Christina Brookshire boo62c at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 07:07:31 PDT 2013

I totally agree with Melissa Fenchel and using Honest Kitchen.  When my
Eddie was diagnosed with cancer a year ago, he began to lose weight rapidly
and I could not get him to eat enough kibbles to make a difference.  He was
almost at the point of being put down due to his health.  I got some Honest
Kitchen as a trial.  He not only ate it, he relished it and more
importantly, he began to put on weight and began to act healthier.  I
credit the Honest Kitchen for saving Eddie's life.  It is probably the most
healthy food out there.  Yes it is pricy, particularly when I am feeding it
to four dogs but so, so, so worth it!  We use the Preference and I add my
own meat.  When Eddie was at his sickest I used the Force because I simply
couldn't keep up with the number of meals I needed to feed him daily to
first keep his weight on and then gain weight.  As a cost saver, Honest
Kitchen mixed with Grandma Lucy's is possible.  Grandma Lucy's is much less
expensive but doesn't have quite as much of a balanced blend as Honest
Kitchen.  The only thing I do not recommend, although the Honest Kitchen
folks say it's ok, is mixing the Honest Kitchen with kibbles.  This is
because Kibbles digest at a slower rate than home cooked type foods and may
cause tummy upsets.  However, you can give kibbles in the am and Honest
Kitchen at night if you need to save more on costs.  Now that the gang is
healthy, this is what I do.  Kibbles (blue buffalo) in the am and  Honest
Kitchen at night.  I have also noticed that when using kibbles alone, the
dogs tended to get rather "fluffy".  With the use of the Honest Kitchen, my
dogs are all at a healthy weight and their coats and eyes shine like the
sun.  Sorry for the long post but Honest Kitchen is simply worth a lot of
press!
Christi, Bumpy, Sparky, Eddie (I'm cancer free!), Princess Pumpkin and
Sadie Lady (ATB)