[Dailydrool] Howling at 3AM

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 28 20:38:08 PDT 2013

Hi all, Snoopy here,

I forget how many years now I've been trying to train the clueless momPerson.  Sort of like trying to fill up a sifter with water if you want to know the truth and it hasn't been going at all well.  Take last night .... or rather this morning.  Yet another example of her foolishness causing trouble for all parties involved.

You see, the old woman likes to garden.  And on the pretense of some diggity dog named Sugar Magnolia she had a gate installed on the far side yard.  The one with no gate on the other side.  It has chain link fence and a gate.  And she long ago made it into the clueless momPerson's fort.  It has little fairies (I think they are ceramic but it's hard to be sure) and a fountain and flowers and tomatos and cucumbers and beans and peppers and strawberries .... did I mention the gate?  It's 6 foot high.  with the latch at the TOP.  She goes out there to hide from us and the teenage two leggers and dadPerson, who is she kidding.  I mean the lawn furniture and the artwork and the fountain and such .... it's pretty obvious.  We three bassets line up in a row and wait and watch when she goes in there.  And so, it's all her fault.

You see, around 3am last night LuLu heard a critter in the clueless momPersons garden.  Might have been a raccoon.  A few of those have been coming around and wholesale eating the tomatos and cucumbers and such but in any case LuLu went charging out there to tell him to go away and she could see him and she yelled at him but the bugger was on the other side of the fence and apparently he stuck his thumbs in his ears and waggled his fingers and stuck out his tongue at LuLu cause she just started SCREAMING so then I had to go out there and I told him "hey, look, we have to live with these women now AHROOOOOOOOOOOOO get lost before they have a fit."  And he sat there and dared me to do something about it so there I was ahrooooooooooooo'ing to beat the band and LuLu was just screaming and cursing (along with most of the neighbors at this point) so dadPerson got up out of bed and got his flashlight and put an end to our adventure.  He won't tell momPerson
 what he said to us, he better not or he may be sleeping in that garden for a while.

So ends the saga of our howling at 3AM.  For now.

More later from Snoopy, OEBE, Curator of missing objects
with LuLu (who is really loud)
and Gracie who stayed in bed because it's dark outside at 3AM and critters in the garden are scary