[Dailydrool] shelter challenge confusion

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 31 20:56:37 PDT 2013

Oh dear. I'm pretty confused. first I was voting for Basset buddies.  then I saw the post that they were deferring and to go for Golden Gate, so I did that. then I read another post saying golden Gate had no chance of catching the Cat House on the Hill, so I switched back to Basset buddies? who's on first, what's on second.

BUT-- I started reading the rules and FAQ section and found out some interesting things. First of all, the top FOUR rescues in each state get a prize. first prize is money, second is vaccines, and third and fourth are new dog beds. that's cool. Second, I checked the weekly standings, and if all holds steady, Cat House on the Hill will win a weekly prize in the third week of the contest, knocking them out of the state competition in California and pushing Golden Gates chances way higher. If we all continue to be confused, looks like golden Gate and Basset buddies may both win one of the lesser prizes. If we block vote, I think we might win money for one or the other.

I suggest we all go for golden Gate and see what happens, assuming the cats will knock themselves out of the state competition when they win the weekly prize.