[Dailydrool] Ben

DDropp at aol.com DDropp at aol.com
Tue Oct 22 18:00:55 PDT 2013

Ben has been driving me up the wall today with his refusal to drink
anything.  I am planning on taking him in tomorrow as he has been eating  pretty
well, boiled chicken breast, a little cottage cheese, a few tiny pieces  of
broasted chicken breast, w/o skin or coating, some more chicken and cottage
cheese at dinner, but not drinking.  Until now, at 7:30 pm, no water  at
all.  He just would not even consider it.  So I scrambled him an  egg.  He ate
that fine.  Kathy and David had pre-cooked bratwurst for  dinner which they
boiled in water.  After he ate the egg, I put the kettle  of sausage water
down and he drank some, and then a good deal of regular  water.  People have
said try chicken broth, which did not work, popsickles,  which did not work,
and changing bowls, which did not work, but the bratwurst  water caused him
to take a good drink of regular water.  I do not know if  it was the best
for him, but without it, I do not think he would have drunk any  at all.  I
am planning on calling the vet tomorrow and possibly bring him  in for
further checking, as I am worried it might be something else.  I  want to make
sure he does not have anything else wrong or some tumors  inside him.  I am so
worried and do not know what to do.  I am so torn  between what to do to
feed him and keep him hydrated and stay within the low fat  range.  There was
not a lot of fat in the water, but still there was some,  but he needed to
drink, which he finally did, both a little of the  bratwurst water and a good
amount of the regular water.  Help me out,  please.

Douglas