[Dailydrool] puppycide

Shirley Mueller snoozinhounds at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 07:35:02 PDT 2013

As a rescue we went to a meeting with the different shelters in San Diego County and one of the topics for discussion was police shooting  family pets.   The county shelter had a meeting with the San Diego Police Department and the SD Co. Sheriff dept. about this issue.  The cops said they are afraid and don't know how to handle the situation.   So the County Shelters are  giving classes to the police departments on reading dog body language and what to do about it.  They also talked about doing classes at the police academy on this.  It may not be perfect but I think it is a tremendous step in the right direction.
Shirley Mueller
San Diego Basset Rescue