[Dailydrool] This and that

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 19:47:44 PDT 2013

Val, I love the idea of a craft fair. Someone is going to have to tell me
how to use the site but I'll be glad to make something to put in it.

We had an awful storm here the other night. I was getting Ginger's
thundershirt on her but hadn't isolated her yet and Brutus (the 125 lb
mastiff) got too close and she went into attack mode. Everyone is fine but
I thank doG that the big boy is a gentle giant and doesn't fight back.
You'd think by now I'd learn but her behavior has been so much better the
past few months I guess I'm getting complacent. Well, I shouldn't! Her Cujo
personality is still healthy and well and comes out on occasion.

Please continue to vote every day in the Shelter Challenge. I had to
download Firefox to vote but now I'm able to vote every time. Basset
Buddies will put that money to good use for the hounds if they win so lets
help them get there. Also, please remember to click that purple button to
help feed some needy shelter dogs. Every click helps.

Suzy remains itchy, itchy. Our vet suggested Zyrtec but it hasn't helped
much. I switched to Claritan but I don't see much improvement with that
either. Suzy has a check up appointment soon and we'll try to figure out
something then. As much as I don't want to we may just throw in the towel
and go for another steroid shot. That should get us through till whatever
is bothering her outside has died off (I hope!). I can ride a mop with the
best of them and I certainly will if we have to go that route with her.

Not much else going on here at the Houndettes house. The Houndettes are
slinging heart healing and get well drool to all in need. We've lost some
dear people and hounds recently. I'm praying the Bridge gates close for a
good long while.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger