[Dailydrool] OMG The sock attack x 4

SandyWhe sanwhe47 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 18:38:59 PDT 2013

Marlene, I can so identify with Annie's response to the "sock"!  I wrote to the Daily Drool a couple weeks ago for advice on our  Dora losing her toe nails. She had injured one and been on a round of antibiotics but then started losing the others without cause. She had developed an infection in all her toes somehow. After a week of antibiotics they sedated her, removed all her remaining nails and packed her paws and wrapped them.  She had more antibiotics and pain med and was to return to the vet to have the dressings removed in 4 days.
She milked it for all it was worth; she couldn't (wouldn't) stand up and didn't stand up once in 4 days!  She weighs 67 lb and is a long dog. DH and DD placed her on a "sling" and lifted her into the wagon and pulled her outside and lifted  her out.  She did her business by just barely lifting her butt then they lifted her back, after replacing the sling, info the wagon, pulled her back in and lifted her to her bed. They did this 4-5 times a day. We carried food and water to her and repositioned her. Whenever she wanted something she would whine , look pitiful and lift up her front paws to show why she couldn't move. She got us up in the night to rub her tummy; she was not in pain, just soiled!
All the humans where glad when it was time to go back to the vet.  They rolled her in in her wagon and the vet asked why they didn't let her walk.  They informed him she couldn't walk and hadn't walked and Dora showed him her poor paws.  He just shook his head and rolled his eyes and they knew we'd been had!  The vet had the tech take a picture of Dora in her wagon. The next morning she woke me with her usual woof that she needed to go out but she was still on the couch.  I said come on Dora but she put on her pitiful look and held up her front paws(now without dressings);  she wanted her wagon.  She has to continue on the antibiotics for several months but her her nail are growing out and she getting around fine although she misses the wagon! DH's and DD's backs have just about returned to normal.
Sandy W
 Bea, Val, Dora & Willie
 Bug & Daisy the tall dogs
See our family at: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/513320