[Dailydrool] Flawed??

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sat Sep 7 04:19:28 PDT 2013

Momma here--yes it is really me for a moment---
Condolences and healing drool to all, I am not able to read or respond as usual as you all know, but the topic of flawed bassets--well, here we have Da Brudder--which is a senior, but he never acts any different than the day he arrived. Most of the gang is pretty easy around me, they all know I am sick and are very gentle. Not so much with Elwood. He is bound and determined to keep me roaring at him. Last night he flew thru the house jumped on the couch where I was laying and smashed the snooter into my face and bent my glasses. I will be surprised if there is not a black eye in my future---
The day before I was on the couch covered in a blanket taking a snooze...guess who strikes, yup, here came Elwood--in one mighty grab he ripped off my blanket and took off for the living room with his prize. He ate a basset sock this week, he went on a crate raid and tore out all the bedding and piled it in the living room with his smiling face in the middle of the mess. One of the couch pillows is now missing a corner....we will not discuss the argument he had with the drapes in the living room....or how last week he stuck his head and 2 front feet out the dog door and peed in the house.......the dog has no mercy.

As for me, some days are much better than others, I start another full round of chemo Monday, 8 hours of one drug and then they install the other drug in the portable pump I wear as a "fanny pack" again for the 5 day of 24/7 infusion of that. I still have radiation everyday along with it all, but we are so thankful for all of you that keeps my spirits up and yes---even Elwood and the gang that give me purpose.

Elwood also did mention that I should never complain again about his shedding since my hair is now falling out, and he did ask if I was molting......only Da Brudder could come up with that one......I might suggest he does have a flaw or two......

Debbie & the Virginia Beach Gang