[Dailydrool] Old dog helpers

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Fri Sep 6 22:10:27 PDT 2013

Although I've thanked everyone who responded about the old dog who
drives us nuts with not-eating spells, wish to thank the DD list in
general. I hope everyone appreciates the List as much as I do. Sometimes
I think contributions are on the wane, and that is both sad and
frightening. To me, the DD is like a totally understanding Best Friend.
Better than any real, in-the-flesh ones, that's for sure. There's always
someone out there, sometimes many, who so totally understand and so many
who have "been-there, done-that," and have ideas, hints, workable
solutions to just about any problem that may arise.

I am not a frequent poster myself, true -- but I never fail to read all
posts as they are posted. Since I save them to glean useful ones for
future Bugler publications, I do get behind and mostly ask for
post-permission to reprint 4 to 6 months (sometimes more) after initial
writing -- but they are always read initially. Aside from the usual help
offered with problems, am always touched by the outpouring of sympathy
over someone's loss. Truly, DD people understand in a way that, usually,
one's own friends or relatives do not -- how horrible each loss is and
how deep the loneliness is when one's dog dies -- even if one still has
other dogs. The saying, "Each man's death diminishes us all" holds true
when a beloved dog dies, too. Support from the Drool does help. It
doesn't cure, of course, but it does help. Perhaps others feel the same
way, but I actually feel closer to many on the list, whom I've never met
and never will, than to anyone I know -- except possibly the DH, DW or
DP.-- maybe sometimes even them.....

Thank you all again.
Riche
P.S. The little twit is still a problem-child-dog, but "WE" are gaining
on her.