[Dailydrool] Basset-proof Flooring

Linda Gardner hockeyphans at verizon.net
Sun Sep 8 04:15:44 PDT 2013

I know this has been discussed before, so please forgive me if I bring
it up again.  I've tried searching the archives, but can't seem to
navigate them very well.

We have to pull up the wall-to-wall carpeting in our living room.  One
of our previous bassets (Lucy ATB) christened it many times.  Now
Barney and Hannah feel it's their personal outhouse.  No matter what I
put on it, the urine smell doesn't go away.  So it's time to replace
it with something.  But what??

We're looking at bamboo flooring vs. laminate.  Any droolers have
experience with either of these, or something else?  Hannah was
rescued last fall from a puppy mill, so she still has occasional
lapses.  Barney is 14 1/2 and doesn't always remember that he has to
wait 'til he goes out to pee and poop.

Thanks.  I could really use some help with this.

Linda Gardner