[Dailydrool] Cushings

Connie Moen two.bassets at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 17:46:45 PDT 2013

Melissa, we have a 13 year old blind basset (adopted when he was 9) and he
never could get enough water.  We had him tested, not diabetes and the vets
all said he must just like to drink water.  Our new vet said she thought it
might be Cushings about 2 months ago - the final test confirmed it.  We
started him on a 120mg capsule of Vetoryl and I could not believe how well
he is doing.  His drinking is normal, he sleeps all night and acts like he
did when we adopted him at age 9.  I only wish we had found this sooner.  I
think you will be pleased with the results after a few weeks on the
medication.

Connie & Roger and the Bassets, Hank the Tank & Vegas Daisy Mae