[Dailydrool] Hi, it’s me, Huggie Bear!

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Thu Sep 12 07:36:35 PDT 2013

I have been around the DD for all of my 11 years but I thought I would reintroduce myself to the oldies and introduce myself to the newbies. Like a lot of rescued hounds I had a rough start. I was born in Puerto Rico and purchased as an 8 week old puppy for an 8 year old 2 legger I loved very much. The parents of the 2 legger told her that she was entirely responsible for taking care of me and meant it. When I was only a couple of months old the family moved to an urban area in NJ. For some reason the parents of the little girl were baffled that at almost 10 months old I wasn’t housebroken.  Well, duh…due to the little girl’s schedule I was only taken out once per day in the afternoon when the little girl would walk me to the park across from their home after school.  The little girl loved me and was upset because she didn’t feel that my life was as it should be.  She met a person involved with rescue in the park and talked to her about me. The woman knew someone in basset rescue and offered to contact them for the little girl. Unbeknownst to the little girl, her mother was planning to dump me, named Lyca at the time, at the shelter when the little girl went to visit her grandmother once school was out. The little girl made a very adult decision and decided to surrender me to rescue. The blondeslave, who was already slave to the future Queen Xandy Bear, who was 10 months old, agreed to foster me, also 10 months old, until I could be spayed and adopted to a new family. The future dadslave was very upset. He demanded to know how long I would be there, where I would be going-generally not a fan of fostering me. The transport was arranged and Auntie Beth Iacobelli picked me up and we met the blondeslave in a hotel parking lot. (To date the blondeslave has yet to find an appropriate way to thank Beth for me-if she still reads the DD she’ll know what I mean). Anyway, the future dadslave brought XB into the condo courtyard to meet me before we went inside. Ooh, even then XB was a prissy pants. Anyway, by this time it was almost time for bed and my crate. The future dadslave admitted I was pretty cute as I investigated the condo. He did say he really didn’t know about this fostering thing and asked again when I was leaving and who I was going to etc. etc.  Anyway, everyone should know by now that the dadslave is really a pushover.  In the middle of my first night at the condo the dadslave woke the blondeslave up and said, “You know if we kept her we could name her Huggie Bear”… to be continued…

***Note address and fax number as of 5/20/2011***
1639 Route 10 East
Suite 200
Parsippany, NJ 07054

Phone: 973-656-6121