[Dailydrool] Loveable Senior Basset Boy needs forever foster or adopter!!!

melissa gibson magbjh at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 15 16:12:10 PDT 2013

Dear Drool Friends,

I am making a desperate plea for my foster boy Roscoe. I am a 4 the Hounds volunteer and have adopted many dogs from them. I have been fostering Roscoe for 3 months, intent on failing but making sure everyone was getting along first. Roscoe is a Big boy of 70 lbs , I call him the manatee. He is goofy and loveable and always wants to play. He sits nicely at your feet but will give you a pathetic WOOF if you haven't spoken to him or looked his way in a while. He has a short snout with an underbite and sometimes one of his canine teeth sticks out. I call him snuffy snuf burger. I love this dog! Sadly, it  seems that Roscoe can be a bit territorial out in the yard and has started to go after my other dogs. A week ago today he went after my other foster dog when they were all at the fence barking while I stood talking to my neighbor. Like an idiot I jumped in the middle to break it up and Roscoe bit through my finger. All dogs were fine but I am now and have
 been in the hospital for almost a week with a serious infection. Do not email me and tell me to put Roscoe to sleep. He is a healthy loving adorable dog who just needs to be an only dog. Here is where  the desperate plea comes in- I took Roscoe to a boarding kennel the day after this happened until I could figure out what to do and try to find a place for him. Now I am going home with a pic line in my arm and 6 weeks of IV antibiotics and can't lift over 10 pounds. So I can not try to manage a 70 pound dog who may attack my other dogs and he is now in boarding indefinetly. Come on droolers, I know we can find a home for this boy, he would be great for a retired person or someone who works from home. He just has to be the only dog and probably no cats because he chases rabbits and squirrels in the yard. He was someone's only dog and when his person died he went into rescue. He is housetrained, UTD on shots, heartworm negative, healthy as a horse, I just
 had him to the vet a few weeks ago. He doesn't even get ear infections! Please network to try and find a home for my sweet boy, he did not do well in the kennel at 4 the Hounds and I don't wont him to languish in this boarding kennel even though he gets playtime everyday its not a home. He needs a home. Please someone out there has to have a friend or neighbor who would take this dog. I will even help with transport. I am in St. Louis, Missouri. Feel free to e-mail me off list and I can answer your questions and send pictures. Thanks.

Melissa Gibson