[Dailydrool] Had to laugh

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 23 14:08:41 PDT 2013

Hi all, it's the ever clueless momPerson here,

My snoopy gave us such a laugh yesterday that I had to share it with you all.  That boy is SUCH a character.  Now remember he's over 8 years old already, but he acts like 6 months sometimes I swear.

So, let's start with when we bought our new mattress and box springs a few years back.  It came with an incredible warranty (no sag) but we were told we HAD to purchase a mattress "case" which completely seals in the mattress or else no warranty.   It was expensive but it seals out EVERYTHING (bed bugs .... dog forbid, any kind of liquid, anything) so we went ahead and paid for it.  We would up liking so much (thin, feels like cloth, helps with allergies because it keeps the dust mites at bay as well) that we bought one for Juliannes bed too!  When you have aging dogs which have been spayed/neutered the thing is worth it's weight in GOLD.

Back to my story ..... periodically we find a "wet spot" at the foot of the bed.  Not all that often, maybe once or twice a month.  So far as we can tell it is always either Snoopy or Gracie as LuLu doesn't seem to leak in her sleep, ever, but these other two do on occasion.  It's so infrequent that we are not really concerned .... it usually coinsides with a very sleepy, overfed dog who goes to bed without going out to go potty one last time and awakes in a wet spot in the morning.  If it happens to Snoopy he will slink off .... he'll even change spots in the bed if he wakes up and notices ..... but if it happens to Gracie he tells the world .... romping over there and sniffing the spot and then sniffing Gracies butt ..... Snoopy is probably about like Doc when he tells on himself only he tells on Gracie ..... anyway poor Gracie woke up in a wet spot with Snoopy laughing at her and telling us all ...... like any big brother ...... so we stripped
 the bed and locked the dogs out while we ran everything through the wash.  Fast forward a couple of hours and everything is dry and ready to put back on the bed so .....

Greg and I go back there with our arms full of stuff and put on the mattress case, and then the bottom sheet.  We started on the top sheet and that is when I realized that Greg left the bedroom door open but moved the ottoman away from the bed ... on HIS side ..... but the ottoman on MY side is still against the bed .... all of which I realized as Snoopy raced across the room, up onto the ottoman and up onto the bed and started charging around, play bowing and acting the clown.  Greg started to yell at him but I told him to stop, Snoopy was obviously playing.  So I VERY quickly spread out the the quilt by spreading it where Snoopy wasn't .... so of course Snoopy charged over there which allowed me to spread out the quilt over the rest of the bed.  His snooter was still dripping from his latest drink and his feet were wet from the grass outside so I was VERY pleased that we got everything covered up with minimum trampling when Greg said .....

"But the bed isn't made, it's a mess under there."   I told him, "its ok.  Snoopy is playing and he's happy we joined in his game.  Later on I'll come back and straighten it out."  I have a feeling our housekeeper figured it out years ago ..... if you come home while she is cleaning you find she actually baracades the room she is cleaning .... she loves Snoopy and she runs an all breed rescue out of her home but she has to get her work done.

Gotta love these nutty bassets.

--Dale