[Dailydrool] tramadol

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 04:26:32 PDT 2013

Everyone seems to have different experiences with tramadol.  I have had
several dogs that can not handle ANY of the NSAIDS including metacam.
 Tramadol is a life saver in these cases.  I don't usually have trouble
with sedation on tramadol.  And that includes me personally.  I am allergic
to NSAIDS.  I do a Debbie and quit breathing and turn purple.  I can take
tramadol.  I don't do pain killers well either.  Tramadol has greatly
improved my quality of life.  I will say that dosing can be interesting.
 The dogs usually take double the dose I do.  Beauford can take 2-3 pills
twice a day.  If I give him three, he can't move.  I take 1 2-3 times a
day.  The doctor says I can take two, but I get very agitated if I take
two.  I don't get any more pain relief from two either.  I just feel like I
am going to come out of my skin.  So, it might be the dosage.  At our
house, the tramadol is all 50 mg be it human or basset.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess