[Dailydrool] Dog-cat mystery

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Wed Sep 25 05:27:02 PDT 2013

As you may know, the Dashing Basset household also houses one cat, Duncan, called by Jane thefairlyuselessc at t. Duncan is also fairly particular about his toilet accommodations, so we have two litter boxes. The theory is that I clean one and my dear husband takes care of the other. Notice I said "theory," because as we all know, our spouses are not perfect. It works many weeks, but not every one.

This week I was fairly sure that my beloved other half had skipped this household duty. So I decided to clean both boxes. I went to do mine and discovered that I had little in the poop department. I knew Holly had headed in that direction, so I figured she was partly to blame. But I certainly had more than my fair share of the wet stuff.

When I went to the other box, I discovered that all the lightweight poops I was missing seemed to be there. But there was very little of the impossibly heavy wet stuff.

Now I know that Holly headed in the direction of box #1 and was mostly deterred. But she could still have engaged in taking some tootsie rolls. What is more perplexing is the fact that the wet stuff is almost exclusively in my box.

Is it possible that my bassets have trained the cat to do his separate businesses in two different litter boxes? Duncan is fairly airheaded and not at all trainable, perhaps because he had a rather rough childhood. Could the bassets actually have trained this impossible boy?
Pam, confused food slave to the Dashing Bassets and Duncan thefairlyuselessc at t