[Dailydrool] Wild Hearts part 1

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Thu Sep 26 11:46:28 PDT 2013

For my last story I want to tell you about when I hurt my back the end of October almost 3 years ago. In all honesty I had no idea what my back legs were up to they had a mind of their own. The slaves put me and my bed in the kitchen to keep me quiet. At first I didn't even get to go outside but I was hurting enough I didn't care. There was a lot of "clean up on aisle 3" but the slaves never complained. All I did at first was eat a little bit and sleep and the slaves were very worried. If I cried one of the slaves would sleep with me on the floor of the kitchen. After several weeks there was some improvement. At that point the dadslave would carry me in and out so I could do my business and sniff around for a couple of minutes. The better I felt the more bored I became so I found some things to amuse myself with. I discovered that if I knocked the Smart Human "dog proof" garbage can on its side it would pop open no problem. A new kind of clean up on aisle 3. When the slaves started putting the garbage can outside the kitchen I had to find something new. The blondeslave has 3 open shelving units in the kitchen. I started taking everything I could off of the two bottom shelves while the slaves were at work. I was just trying to help her organize things better. I lived in the kitchen until March when I was cruising along pretty good again. I now had steps to the couch and a ramp to go down and the blondeslave said she really knew I was getting better when I walked down the ramp instead of skiing down. Everything was pretty much back to normal until this past February when Xandy Bear, my sister and BFF left suddenly for the Bridge. I was shattered. We had been together almost every single day since I was 10 months old. I was very lonely at first. Gracie and Clyde stay downstairs together during the day. The blondeslave tells me I've become very bossy but she smiles when she says it. My belly alarm goes off between 3:50am and 4:10am each morning and I am relentless until she gets up to feed me. I no longer want to go in the back yard in the morning so she has to walk me out front. She has to sit on the couch with me after breakfast until I fall asleep. She's not the same as having XB but I guess she'll have to do. I don't know what my life might have been if I'd landed in the shelter instead of rescue but I'm very glad I ended up in a home where they embraced my wildness with humor and love.

***Note address and fax number as of 5/20/2011***
1639 Route 10 East
Suite 200
Parsippany, NJ 07054

Phone: 973-656-6121