[Dailydrool] Gender and bassets

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Sat Sep 28 00:39:04 PDT 2013

Well, I have to admit it. I've always had some biases when it comes to basset gender. I love the guys. To me, they tend to be the lovebugs of bassetdom, sweet and something less than pack leaders. In my experience, the boys have always loved their mama, and we've had four of them. Even my male fosters have gravitated towards me. Not that I haven't loved females, but two of my three girls have been the pack leaders and rather bossy, so I associate that with their sex. And bossy is not appealing to me.

But an article I read has me wondering if that's just my own personal bias. I invite Droolers to read the article and provide some feedback:

http://thebark.com/content/what-are-differences-between-male-and-female-dogs

What do you perceive the differences between male and female bassets as being? Is this different from the other dogs you have had?

Inquiring minds want to know--at least, mine does.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets