[Dailydrool] Poopy Barf

klcannon at telus.net klcannon at telus.net
Sun Sep 8 16:59:44 PDT 2013

(Please don’t read this if you’re eating.)

Speaking of poopy barf, I agree with the others, there is nothing worse than what comes out of a dog that has eaten poop and then tossed it back up.

Our Lucie (OEBE Princess of Chaos) was only 1 year old when we traveled with her to visit cousins in Alberta.  She was a determined eater of her own poop and wild duck and goose poop when available.

Near my cousin’s house is a lovely, large pond in the middle of the housing development, daytime home to Canada geese who loved to swim in the pond and waddle about eating the lawns and of course, pooping.  Lots of pooping.  When we walked about the neighbourhood by the pond, Lucie thought the turds delicious.

So Lucie, not only engaged in coprophagia (fancy name for poop-eating) of her own poop, but also snacked on the goose poop.

One afternoon, I was out with her on the house deck which is on the upper floor when Lucie barfed up a massive quantity of very poopy barf - twice.  It was disgusting.  However, the deck on this house is not solid. Oh no, there is a very slim space between each board of the deck.  (You know where this is going, right?)

At least half of this poopy barf, went through the cracks to the paving stones down below.

In the meantime, my cousin was pouring coffee for a friend who had dropped in.  She and friend carried on as if Lucie and I did not exist. Thank God for doors that close.

I spent the next two or three hours cleaning the upper deck and then the paving stones below.

Lucie went to the vet the next day and ate boiled rice and chicken for 3 days before getting back to regular food and poop.

Karen & Lucie ( ohhh, I was sick)

Sent from Windows Mail