[Dailydrool] Rocky & Maddie

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 08:52:02 PDT 2013

I agree with Ellen. A muzzle treats the symptom but not the cause, and
besides, she would have to wear it all the time which is hardly a good
solution if there is any other.
 I imagine Rocky smells funny-- he is sick, after all--or has been, and he
may not smell familiar. So basically, Maddie reacts as if he were a strange
dog in the house.

However he must be allowed to at least eat in peace, so I agree that the
dogs must be physically unable to reach each other during feeding. Mine are
locked in crates at mealtime. No matter how well they get along, mealtime
is behind closed doors for each of them.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley & Doc all of whom know what a baby gate
means.