[Dailydrool] the cat poo issue (again)

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Fri Sep 27 20:27:04 PDT 2013

I asked my Vet many years ago why my dog ate cat poop, and he said they eat
it because it tastes good.  Cats are true carnivores and require a lot more
fat in their diet than dogs - some of the fat comes through in the poop, and
like fat in hamburger, it makes the poop taste good to the dogs.  About half
of my dogs have been cat poop eaters, and I have never found anything that
worked and made them not want to eat cat poop.  So we have the litter box in
a room that the dogs do not need to go into, there are dog-proof barriers at
the doors with small cat hatches cut into them so cats can get in but not
poop-eaters.  Disgusting.

Anita Woodrum
awoodrum at clear.net