[Dailydrool] Basset hound limericks

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 20:20:19 PDT 2014

Yesterday I was at the vetspital in an exam room with Bo for several hours. (Bo has an out of control full body yeast infection). but the problem wasn't Bo. An emergency came in (dog hit by car) that backed up the schedule. the place was packed so those of us in little rooms stayed there. Not a problem. I am grateful our vet takes emergencies. His is a one vet practice and he's the best on our island. there was no reading material. Bo snoozed. so I amused myself making up limericks. thought Id share a few that I remember.

Bo.

I have an old Basset named Bo,
whose pace is exceedingly slow.
drool pools at his feet
As he walks down the street,
as his walk is more stop than 'tis go.

Harley

Our sweet basset's name is Harley.
He's never been very snarly.
But  challenged to fight,
He surely can bite,
and the dogfight that follows is gnarly.

Morse

I know of a Basset named Morse,
who, for treats, has an excellent source.
He frequents the pubs
For bones and ear rubs,
Oh, and he is from England, of course.

Nigel

There is a young Basset named Nigel,
who no longer is very "eye"-gile.
He's down in the rear,
but still shows no fear,
and is anything other than "fr-eye"-gile.

these are the ones I recall today. Snooters to all. Val, Bo! Harley, and foster Mila