[Dailydrool] Biopsy results on Dozer...

Sandi Scranton njmedic702 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 16:25:18 PDT 2014

Just got a call from our vet with Dozer's biopsy results. He has Grade 3
mast cell cancer which does not offer a great prognosis. The vet presented
his treatment options which are 1)do nothing and see how he progresses,
2)have him evaluated by a veterinary oncologist, or 3)start him on a
relatively new oral drug which has shown fairly promising results in
treating this type of cancer. Craig and I will talk it over but I asked the
vet what he would do if it was HIS dog and he said he'd opt to use the new
medication. We'll make our decision by the end of the week. I'm SO very sad
- he's my heart dog and such an awesome old guy. He doesn't deserve this. I
have faith, however, that perhaps his time with us can be extended. Please
say a prayer for and send some healing drool his way. He remains in good
spirits, is in no pain and is enjoying life.