[Dailydrool] Debbie's Dawgs $5 Friday May 2nd

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Mon Apr 28 12:47:49 PDT 2014

Debbie's Dawgs has another $5 Friday coming up this week
on May 2nd!  This week we are supporting the cancer ward
at Daphneyland where they have 5 hounds with lymphoma
and hemangiosarcoma.  Paypal your donation of $5 or more
to debbiesdawgs at icloud.com or email me privately if you
prefer to send a check.  Donations will be accepted through
Sunday, May 4th and all donations will be forwarded to
Daphneyland, earmarked for the care of Bernardo, Arizona,
Charlie, MacIntosh and Priscilla.  Below is information about
the cancer ward at Daphneyland - please join us in furthering
Debbie Winchester's mission in helping the senior hounds in
rescue by donating to $5 Friday.  Thank you!

In February, 6 hounds we bailed from shelters tested positive for terminal cancer.  Those tests came back on the day Deb passed away.  It was a heart wrenching day all the way around.
We decided to open a "Cancer Ward" at Daphneyland, and have been studying up on various forms of cancer treatments and cancer issues in the world today affecting our hounds.

Several of the hounds arriving from the shelter systems around the CA area required surgery - during the course of which pathology revealed terminal malignant cancers.
One case of Lymphoma and 5 cases of Hemangiosarcoma.  Both blood born cancers.
We pledge daily love and care to these 6 hounds until such time as they decide it's time.  The daily nutritional and medical requirements of these 6 hounds are:
The Honest Kitchen "Force" (we are adding this to our "mixed food plan" of canned Evangers Cooked Chicken and Sportmix "Wholesomes Chicken & Rice" to boost protein levels)
Pure Honey, Cold Pressed Coconut Oil, Pacifica Spirulina, Cellular Forte IP6, Red Clover Stingila, powdered vitamin C along with weekly injections of Ascorbic Acid NC (1000 mgs weekly is the current dose).

The costs of these nutritional supplements, medications and high protein diet is substantial!  Priscilla is awaiting surgery ($700.00 at reduced fees) and Arizona is being considered for surgery - ($800.00) - neither surgery will remove the cancer, both will however remove masses to aid in comfort levels while they are happy and showing good quality of life.

Thank you for your consideration of the Daphneyland Cancer Ward Hounds...….

Donna, drool fueler for Gracie, Bosley and Sunny