[Dailydrool] Ben

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Fri Apr 4 08:46:21 PDT 2014

Ben sounds just like our Holly the Dolly.  She hates everything.  When it
was just Sister Gracie and Sister Holly, I would do just about anything to
try to get Holly to eat - see, she knew that Gracie would not try to take
her food away.  But then we added Sister Anna to the pack, and boy did
things change.  Anna was found out in the country feeding herself out of
trash piles, and it did something to her, when the food came out you could
see her eyes change and her whole demeanor change in a really spooky way.
Anna was afraid to steal Gracie's food because Gracie was big and she was
loud, so Holly's food became Anna's prime target, and of course Holly knew
it.  And Holly started eating because she didn't want anyone else getting
her food.  In other words, now that there's competition for this food,
perhaps I want it after all.  (Anna was so bad that I ended up feeding her
separately in the laundry room.  When she finished her food, then she would
start banging on the door to get out so she could get Holly's food.  Every
meal was a controlled riot back then, but Holly ate.)

Holly's pack mates now are Baxter, Bunny and BeaBea, and every one of them
are hogs who will steal food if they can get away with it.  Holly knows this
and she now tries to get their food.  Yes, I closely referee every meal.
But with all the competition, Holly does eat without being begged.  If you
add a pack mate for Ben who is a "peeg" as Sister Holly calls it, he would
most likely not be as picky because of the competition.  Not sure I would go
quite that far to get him to eat myself, but a peeg in the pack would help.

Anita Woodrum
awoodrum at clear.net